† Mission Statement †

The mission of Joint Heirs Adoption Ministry is to advocate for the orphan as we are commanded by God. We feel it is our responsibility and privilege to educate and assist individuals and families, emotionally as well as financially in their journey through adoption by raising awareness in our community and around the world, enabling Christians to open their hearts and homes to children in need of forever families.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

† National Adoption Month • Day 4

The following is a documentary, "I Am Because We Are", that was shared with me from another bloggy friend. It does take some time to watch, but so worth it. Just when I thought I knew what we were up against with our mission my heart was touched even deeper. Please find some time to sit and view this video. Even if you have to set aside 15 to 20 minutes here and there. Look beyond the fact that a celebrity is bringing it to your attention. Don't let the focus be on her, unless you ask yourself why is she the one doing this instead of so many others....including ourselves. The photography and stories are stunning and inspiring, yet they will shock you and tear at your heartstrings. Allow yourself to see the urgency to simply love. Please find time this week to watch "I Am Because We Are".

I know the girls' (Joy and Melinda) have their hearts in China and Guatemala. For good reason, that is where God has called them. Mine is in Haiti and Africa. I'm just wondering what He has in store for me there... I wait for His timing for the answer. Wherever God calls you, please follow. It may be one of these countries, it may be in your own backyard. God's people, needing us, are all around.

• Day 4 •
Today, ask the Lord to help your church congregation to feel His heart for the orphans as seen in Psalm 68:5-6 "A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families..."

No comments:

Post a Comment